Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Dragon tales and the "water is wide"
Pirate's sail and lost boys fly
Fish bite moonbeams every night

Monday, I took the night off. I went to the movie store to rent movies and there was nothing, so I rented a bad foreign film flick, a new stupid funny movie called dorm daze (good rentable, but heavy on the sex jokes) and thought of Carter while I was there and just had to rent Varsity Blues to remind myself how bad it was. I would have to say the good thing about VB is that it has some great images even if the plot line sore. I did have a hard time with Dawson’s hair being the wrong color. My suggestion for football movies though are Friday Night Lights and Rudy. Both are well worth the dough.

Today is a sad/happy day. There is no new president (sad). Iris is one, yesterday (happy). I gave her a stack of stuff after babysitting last night. Megan figured out a trick to make her less of a cry baby: put her in the car first thing. So I picked Iris up from Meg’s new apartment (yes Meg is moving to Demorest! Hurray!!)and put Iris in the car and the only time she cried was just before she fell asleep as most babies do. It was a good evening. Yeah Iris! She is STILL not walking. She is crawling like a maniac, but she is just not interested in the whole walking thing yet. Mom said that I walked before I crawled! Ha, how’s that for you. She said that Mr. Gray put me on the stage at Centerville and ask me to walk over to him and I did (I have always been a bit of an achiever: bit is the key word, the rest went to Carter!). Hopefully, Iris will be walking in the next month or two. She is also teething like crazy. She was crazy about ice last night. Crazy. I have come to find that I really like baby sitting Iris, but I couldn’t imagine her full time. Oof. Go Megan. I am really grateful to be the babysitter today.

No comments: