Sunday, November 05, 2006

When the train rolls by,
I'm gonna be ready this time,
When the boy gets that look in his eye,
I'm gonna be ready this time. . .

Well, I am not interested in running away, but the Dixie Chicks are one of my favorite sing-a-long cds and when I clean house, singing is important. Music is important. I have been operating off of John's computer cd player because mine is still not hooked up. When it is though, I will blow the doors off this farm house!

All that being said, I have been cleaning the farm all day almost. John and I wanted to go to church this morning, but the sleep over slept and church became ousted due to the list of other things going on. Breakfast with the boys was also cancelled because one is working and the other is doing his family stuff and the third is hunting. This was perfect for me because I am more interested in getting the farm in order in stead of its current state of disarray. All of the gifts have been opened and now they are put away after all the cabinets were cleaned and the china cabinet dusted. All that is left is a stack of boxes for John to take to the dumpster at Linda's. He has already made one trip and will make another when he gets back from district. I am grateful for district because it got him out of the house and let me work. He went with Sebastian and shortly after he picked Sebass up, Megan called. She is lonely and wants to play designer so she is on her way over.

Last night I made dinner, well part of dinner. I made a chicken dish perscribed by Mom and wassail. I forgot to pick up salad and dinner rolls so we ate the chicken dish. We used our new china and new sweet tea glasses that Carter gave us. I know they were from Carter because they came straight out of the box with the card. The dishes were out of Mom's set. The ceramic bake wear I used was from Donna and Skippy and the utensils were from Michelle Wilde. The cake plate that held John's birthday cake was from Mrs. Kahle and the crock pot was from Bobby and Meloday (although they gave it to me several Christmas's back and I have never used it until last night) that holds the wassail. My timing is off too because we were late to the meeting by about forty-five minutes! But we went anyway.

I don't know what happens as a result of marriage. I have never cleaned my apartments as much as I am cleaning this old farm house. I have rarely made dinner. I tried once at the Sautee apartment and would invite different people over just for dinner. I think I had he same sensation that I have now. I just am ready to have a family. I am ready to have friends over to hang out in my house, watch movies, play games, share their lives with my family much as others have done for me. Megan says that I am nesting. That is something I have normally taken offense to, but today it seems appropriate for where I am in my life. I think when I nest is helps me feel more at home. I also think that the nest here at the farm is getting more homey by the second. There are some big things left to be done, but they will happen with time.

Home, that is the name of the second Dixie Chicks cd. Maybe I should put that one in next.

No comments: