Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I'm a Georgia Voter!

On a lighter note, I almost burned down the house last night. (Here is where my brother starts to laugh and mother is aghast and one of my best girlfriends says to John, welcome to married life with Rae.) Luckily, the heater that I killed we were intending to replace anyway and I am alive. We are going to use part of our marriage money for the new heater, it just turns out that we will be getting it this week instead of putting it off until whenever. Unfortunately, there is not a lot we can do about me being stupid.

There seems to be a confusion in our area. As I rode through Helen today to get to my voting place...whatever it is called, all the city stuff was decorated in Christmas, however, all the hotels and restaurants still have out their harvest/Thanksgiving day stuff. The whole city looks like they are drunk. The trees are changing too. They are no longer that brillant colored leafy look. They are muted greys and falling off at a rapid rate. Maybe they are drunk too.

These past couple of 24 hours I have been really confused--but luckily, I am not drunk. Adjustments to living with John. Adjustments to working here in a new environment. Adjustments to moving in general. Adjustments. Change is so confusing. Is it Christmas or is it Thanksgiving? Is it engaged or is it married? Is it Clarkesville or is it Cleveland or Dahlonega? Did I leave a candle burning somewhere like ON TOP OF THE HEATER?!!

It is like a whirlwind just hanging out over top of my head. I hope it stops soon so that I can live.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remind me to tell you the story of how I almost burned down our apt in college -- fire trucks and all:)
-Mom