Monday, November 06, 2006

When I graduated high school and people gave me gifts, you had to pull my teeth out in order for me to write a thank you note. College was ten times worse (of course I was a bit tipsy then). I couldn't imagine why I was supposed to write a thank you note. I had a party. You were supposed to give me a gift. Should I thank you because you did your job? Yeah, that was t the old way of thinking. As I go through and do my thank you notes today, it makes me cry to think about the gifts that were given. I am so full of gratitude and the ability to recieve the love with which the gifts were given. It lets me know that people love me.

John thought that when I bought the 70 thank you notes that we purchased one too many. I have done about thirty maybe forty so far. I have completely run out of one pack and cut way into another. It is hard to keep writing. None of them have an address on them yet, but just doing the composing. . .

Dear You,

Thank you so much for the thirteenth salad plate that I have recieved...

Thanks,
Me

That is not nice. So needless to say, writing the thank you notes takes lots of work to be creative and nice and let the person know that you appreciate the gift. No one wants to think that they gave an odd thing or a duplicate. They want to know that it is personal and well thought out and for us. All of my creative juices are spent three lines at a time. It is amazing. The new way of thinking in me though wants to use everything I've got because I really do think its wonderful that you gave me a second crockpot. I do. I know that mostly you love me and that is the point. Thanks for the love. Maybe I should just write that in everyone.

Dear you,

Thanks for the love.

Love you too.

love--Rae

No comments: