Friday, July 01, 2005

Well I am 29 for the first time today. I can hear in my head people saying, so how does it feel to be 29? Like they did when I turned 16 and still couldn't drive (not that that wasn't my own doing mind you). It is about like that feeling though. Okay now that I am here, what's new? Nothing really. I remember getting contacts when I was 16 and immeadiately jumping into the pool with them in my eyes and opening my eyes under water without thought. I have been told that this is the best time of my life...which coincides with what they told me about highschool. I think the best time of my life is what I make it. I am happy today. I have a lovely place to live, people who love me near and far. I love people near and far. I am clean and sober and smoke free today. These are things not special to my birthday though, they are just special to me. My Dad is so funny because these days if you ask him how his day is he will say he is having a good day; even if the sky is falling he is having a good day. He says it is a decision we make each day. We can have a good day or a bad day, it is up to me. Today is a good day. I just happen to also be 29.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you!