Thursday, July 07, 2005

So now that we know as Americans that all of our forces are on the other side of the world in the wrong place yet terror is still happening, can they come home to be here to help us and protect us? HELLO? Is there anyone else out there who realizes that what happened in London today could have just as easily been Atlanta or San Fransico or LA or Boulder or WHO CARES, it could have been us? Does it occur to any one that the continued attack proves the point: what the hell are we doing in Iraq? I have yet to see an address by the President. I have only to see the SECRETARY? of Homeland Security? Why is there no response? The President should be sending condolences to the victims families, to our ally, Britain and to the American people for the fact that he is losing in the "war on terror" that he so viciously lied to us about in the first place.

ARG>>>>>>>>........It's my blog and I will cry if I want to.....

In other news, I went to see my cousins for the fourth of July. It was good. I was grateful to see my cousin Rachel and her husband Mike and their two children. They have really beautiful children. I have an affinity for Rachel that I don't understand and I was really glad to see her. The rest of the gang showed up too. Unusually though, Uncle Oze was sorely missed. I don't know that he has missed a family thing in a long time, but his abscence was noticed. I hope he had a fun day just the same. Strangely, even though fireworks were legalized in Georgia this year, I didn't see any. I heard a great many, but never saw a one.

Iris is back from vacation with her Dad. She has begun cussing. I am assuming this is coming from Dad because of the situation in which she did it. She picked up her tool box, turned it up side down, dropped it and said "Ammit!!" And stormed off into a fuss. I consider that cussing, wouldn't you? I didn't really know how to compensate. I don't know that she knows what she is saying or that it means anything bad, so I did the next best thing, told Mom. Meg dealt with it. I think furry, fire and brimstone were all a part of it.

John and I are going out tonight for dinner and the theater. Sherry got free tickets to the musical at Sautee this year. I didn't even hear about the auditions, otherwise I would have tried out. We are going to see "Putting It Together, a musical review" by Stephen Sondheim. I would have totally wanted to be in it had I known it were going to happen. Instead, I get to go see a friend of mine be in it who studied under William H. Macy. I am looking forward to the good food at the Sautee Nacoochee Valley Guest House and the production. It is the first double date John and I have been on in a while so that will make it fun too.

Unemployment "hearing" is scheduled for July 13. It will be a telephone call. My arguement is that the policy and procedure that I was to follow was laid out in an employee handbook for which I signed awareness of on January 13, 2004. While I did violate group rules number one, procedure says that I am to get a written warning. As an employee, I have not recieved any written warning, therefore, due to procedure not being followed by the employer, I was fired without cause. Case closed, give me my money. Michelle says that I have to stand up for myself and that while, yes it is about money, it is also not about money. It is about me standing up and saying what is right and what is fair. It is about me standing up for me and protecting the integrity that I have worked so hard to establish in the past five years. It is about me having self esteem, self confidence and doing everything that I can to uphold the values and morals I have set for myself. She makes the money thing seem irrelevant. She is right, it is about the money, but it is soooo not about the money. It is about me being me and being proud to be me. Even if the state turns me down, at least I will know that I did everything in my power to protect and stand up for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go, Midhelle!!

Go, Rachel!!

Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Michelle!!

Oze said...

That's right!

It is the principle of the thing!

BTW, I had to work July 4th. I would have loved to have been there.

So, it wasn't really fun , but at least it was slow.

Uncle Oze

Oze said...

By the way, if President Bush did lie, so did these people:

"Saddam's goal ... is to achieve the lifting of U.N. sanctions while retaining and enhancing Iraq's weapons of mass destruction programs. We cannot, we must not and we will not let him succeed." -- Madeline Albright, 1998

"(Saddam) will rebuild his arsenal of weapons of mass destruction and some day, some way, I am certain he will use that arsenal again, as he has 10 times since 1983" -- National Security Adviser Sandy Berger, Feb 18, 1998

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retained some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capability. Intelligence reports also indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons, but has not yet achieved nuclear capability." -- Robert Byrd, October 2002

"Iraq is not the only nation in the world to possess weapons of mass destruction, but it is the only nation with a leader who has used them against his own people." -- Tom Daschle in 1998

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction." -- Bob Graham, December 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction." -- Ted Kennedy, September 27, 2002

"The community of nations may see more and more of the very kind of threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists. If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow." -- Bill Clinton in 1998

Interesting how only President Bush is the one that lied, huh?