Friday, July 15, 2005

My life goes faster than my blog. Let's see. . .

My girlfriend from Agnes Scott is studying to be a nun. I say studying, because it seems like work to me! She has a blog that is humble, but really well written. When I first met her she was being wheeled out of the Walters dorm on a gurney for attempted suicide. Needless to say, there has been a change. She was an awesome person to go to college with and I am grateful she was unsuccessful in her attempt. She and I have a lot more in common than I thought before reading the blog. She was in the Agnes Scott Magazine I recieve. This month's focus was on faith and values. It was really interesting for the first time.

My unemployment hearing was this past Wednesday. Wow. That was hard. It was like being in an emotional boxing match. Thank goodness it was over. I don't know that I will get any money from it, but at least I stood up for myself. I feel better about myself. I was grateful I didn't say anything nice, but I didn't say anything ugly either. I was honest, open and direct. That was the point of the excercise. They called me all kinds of names. The worst that they came up with was that I was really bad at working with others. They actually used that phrase: "Working with others." I felt like saying THANK YOU FOR REITERATING MY KINDERGARTEN TEACHER!! I always got an "N" for needs improvement in that area. plttttt! I have yet to figure out how a social butterfly like myself doesn't work well with others. Whatever. I figure if that is the worst they can say, well then I am making progress. People used to use explitives when talking about me, now they just say I don't work well with others! Progress not perfection!

OH! I got my first sun burn of the summer. I was detailing a car for some extra cash and was in my sports bra and Nike shorts and my back looks like . . . a sunburned back. It is not really bad, but on me everything looks bad because I have alabaster skin. It hurts today, but it will be gone by tomorrow. I have had much worse. My worst burn was when I laid out at Lake Lure in North Carolina. My back was purple in less than thirty minutes. That was aweful. I mean aweful. I had to teach swim lessons lying flat on the diving board with ice on my back for days. Purple.

Last but not least. Megan has decided to get a new babysitter. Her friend's daughter just got her CPR certification and is willing to watch Iris for $10 a night. Megan hasn't figured out that 1) the 14 year old is not going to stay up until midnight, rather her friend will, watching Iris and 2) it will cost the same amount in gas that it does for my sitting fee and
3)Iris won't get in bed on a regular basis because she will be moved over and over.
That is my arguement to keep me as a babysitter, but Meg already made the decision. So there probably won't be any more Iris stories. Which sucks. It really hurt my feelings that she chose someone else over me to care for Iris. So much so that my insides right now say that I will never babysit again. I don't know that that's true, but it feels like the mean side of me screaming inside. I cried a lot last night after she told me. But I fugure Megan has to do what's right for Megan and I have to do what's right for Rachel. It still sucks though.

No comments: