Sunday, June 26, 2005

Well, today is the first day of dog sitting for two weeks. This will be a source of income for me this summer. This is the first of two two week sittings. Luckily, these dogs I am sitting today have internet! Hurray!

Meg is officially five. We had dinner at the Nacoochee Grill which is the only real restaruant up here in these mountains and it has successfully nose dived since when I worked there. It is a Buckhead restaraunt, but about six months ago it was sold off to the property owner so the guy who I worked for went to live in Florida. He is a restarantour (sp) for over twenty years and has retired. He is raising his kids in Florida with his wife on a cozy beach somewhere. Anyway, it was my first visit since Gene left to the place and it was an unfortunate visit. The quality of food was terrible. Well, at least I know not to go back, but the good part was that Megan didn't care. She was so excited that her friends surrounded her with love and support. She had gifts and balloons and what else could a gal need? Her Dad gave her her medallion. It was very cool. After it was all said and done she and her boyfriend, Sebass, came out to the farm to hang out with John and I. We had a bonfire under the big poplar (when I say big I mean amazingly so) out in front of the house in the rain. It was fun. We talked and drank hot tea until about two-thirty in the morning. It was a wonderful end to a wonderful day.

There was a wierd message in my mail yesterday. I went by to get my mail because I had a new set of dvds in there. There was a sample from Oilivalay. Yeah, I can't figure out how to spell it. Just the same it was a hide your age packet. It is like the marketers all know that I am getting ready to turn 29 in less than a week. How insulting that the first thing I get from the marketers says: Your old! Hide it! Most of the time people are impressed to find out I am not seventeen. Then they say oh, really, I wouldn't expect you be that much older. I have a feeling this birthday isn't going to be as cool as turning sixteen, eighteen or twenty-one. I have a feeling this birthday is going to come along with a cloud of impending doom: ALMOST THIRTY.....

Like I have room to complain? Most of my friends other than Meg are in their forties. They all say things like those were the best years of my life! But for some reason the marketers are going to scare the heck out of me.

No comments: