Friday, June 24, 2005

Thank you for the phone calls and emails in love and support. I am still slightly afraid. I am not completely without action though. Generally, action brings me out of fear to lead me back to faith. I typed out a first draft of an appeal for my unemployment monies. I gave it to a professor to look at and her first reaction was that my former boss wouldn't be able to read it because it was too well written and that I needed to cut back. So she is red inking it and I will submit it sometime today. Maybe Monday, but I am still within my bounds. Ten days is my limit.

In other news, Iris went tinkle in her potty! She is an early potty trainer, but the doctor said that because she can identify what is going on, now is the time. She is also using a spork looking child cutlery to eat her Gerber graduates. AND! When she woke up the other night because the phone ringer was on super loud, she called my name "Rae-rae!". Very cool.

The Logic Games are kicking my butt. The book I am studying says that there are three types of, well four types of questions. There are grouping, matching and sequencing then there is the mixture of all three. Sequencing is giving me pains. My timing is slow too. I am solving them about a question every two minutes. I think that once I get the squencing down I will be doing a question a minute. Once that happens, I will have time to recheck my questions. 25 questions, 35 minutes. Yeah, I think I like the logical reasoning better. Who would ever guess that logic and Rachel would be in the same sentence?

Great news for Atlanta in the paper yesterday: Indigo Girls at Piedmont Park!! Hurray!!

I have started reading the AJC everyday. Not sure why, but it is something I enjoy. There is something to reading an actual paper as opposed to an internet site. I noticed that Maureen Dowdy is on the editorial board which tickled me pink. She is so witty and poinant in her own columns, that I am glad she is an advisor for the ATL. She is one of the columnist in the NYT that I really enjoy.

Off to Gertie Mae's I go...it is the flower shop.

PS: Meg turned five on the nineteenth and her party is tomorrow night!! Hurray for Meg!!

No comments: