Monday, November 24, 2003

This is the most fun.......

So since I went off the deep end and attended a GOP dinner, I had to counter balance my internal scale. Saturday night I attended a home dinner party. The home was built on the largest blue crystal in the US. I got to hang out with a whole bunch of women who "loathed" W. It was funny too because someone said that they hated W and another woman mentioned that if you truly hate somehthing it will come back on you two-fold: I said, yeah Bush has twins. There were all kinds of vegetarian dishes and the theme for the evening was: what animal guides your spirit. I almost burst into laughter when the power animal theme was brought up because it made me think of Fight Club and the guided meditation group. This bunch of women were so out there. They were unbelievably cool. It was much more my cup of tea than the elephants. We laughed and cryed. There were pictures and love. The stories shared and experience had were priceless. The women decided that we were all going to Key West for a week this summer. That would be cool. Twelve earthmuffins in Key West living it up........

Yes, in my heart I am an earthmuffin.

On Friday night I had a blast too. I went to another woman's house for an old fashioned spend the night party. When I told one of my co-workers about it, she thought I was crazy and said that she had been married for 14 years and had two kids, she didn't do things like that. I didn't have the heart to tell her that everywoman needs her girlfriends sometimes. Maybe she doesn't have any. That would be sad, not to have girlfriends. That was the whole premise as to why Devine Secrets sold so well is because everyone wants girlfriends like that: the kind that are there from when you are five until you are gone (which is also why it is fiction: hardly ever happens). I am very grateful for my girlfriends today. They make me laugh and cry. They love and I get to love them. They hold my hand through the rough and tumble and I get to be their shoulder for the sad and humble. (I wasn't sure I was going to be able to rhyme that, but it works.) Girls night in is always the best because we get to bare our souls and tell the most abominable secrets. Can't do that in front of a boy. Someone always ends up hooking up with the guy.

Sunday was tremendous. I went to here Dad's girls sing at the Presbyterian Church in Gainseville. It is sure is nice that he has a friend there, because then I get to see my folks more often. It was so funny because the first group sang and it was: yea they were good. Then the second group sang and it was: yea they were good too. The first two were college. The Patriot choir and the select women from NGC. The sang very pleasantly. The coolest was that the Patriot choir sang the song that coach taught to the Georgia Men's Glee Club and that brought up fun memories. Then Dad's girls got up and it was:................they are in highschool? HURRAY FOR PRETTY YOUNG WOMEN WHO CAN REALLY SING!!!!! Go McIntosh. Then after that everyone got a standing ovation because the audience felt the necessity to be polite. The church choir sang a really wierd piece that wasn't easy. I mentioned it to mom and she said something about the Minister being a sidekick of Dad's. Explains it. It sounded like a Dad song. Not very many people come up with the music Dad finds. He found a troll encantation for his girls to sing once. Other highschool women are singing Wind Beneath My Wings or the newest lullaby from Disney and Dad's girls are singing unpublished requiems. It's different. Then I went to meet with friends and talk about God. God is great. Especially when I let Him be. It makes life easier when I include God, because I get to have weekends like this past one.....and they are the most fun.

No comments: