Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Santa Fe
Are you there?
Do you swear you won't forget me?
If I found you would you let me come and stay?
I ain't gettin' any younger
And before my dyin' day
I want space
Not just air
Let 'em laugh in my face
I don't care
Save a place
I'll be there

Dreams are so much fun but can be so overwhelming when I am asked on the spot what they are. I found one thing that I want. I want the Newsies DVD. I also still have the house and dog thing kicking. You know after all that heartache and feeling socially inept? I had three women call me and I called two women, one of which I spent thirty minutes on the phone with and the other with whom I spent about three or four hours with on her back porch. I don't think there is much wrong with my socialization when I excercise it. So I was super grateful to spend time with my girlfriend last night just talking on her back porch and drinking coffee. She is so comforting to just be around. Whenever I start thinking I don't have any girlfriends, I realize mostly that it is not that I don't have any, I am just not calling the right ones. Golly, four women calling me or talking to me in one day. I think the planets must be coming into alignment or something. I think that I am going to get a phish......fish. Maybe something that doesn't live too long so I won't get emotionally attached. We used to have fish when I was growing up. The tank was BIG. Or at least to me it was big. It was in the den on the opposite wall of the piano. We had a good stash of them until we got a jack dempsy for 99 cents and now we know why he was 99 cents. He ate ALL the other fish!! Even the silver dollars that were the size of my palm. We'd had the silver dollars for about three years or something. Dad took it back. He was a mean little guy. Fish. This sounds like a good investment of my time as well as a good excuse as to why I should go home at least once a day. It would help ground me in my home and keep me focused on who I am and what I want. I guess I want a fish.............................that's not nearly as romantic as going to Sante Fe. Coffee is more romantic that fish. I know I want coffee. Good coffee. It is the only thing I have left on my grocery list, but I have to go see Eric and Anna. I am going to treat myself to their coffee and maybe spend a Saturday on the porch. I know I want that. Coffee and friends. You betcha. Fish-maybe.

No comments: