Monday, November 17, 2003

From Sautee, where all the men are handsome, the women strong and the children above average.........


I am so excited. White County has won their very first football game of the year and it is their very last game of the season. Hurray!! They got one! I feel so at home, our football team never won. We didn't even beat Chamblee and they were the second worst in the county! White County would have beaten us. I also got a truckload of wood and lit a fire this weekend. It was awesome. There is nothing like a wood fire to make a small apartment feel homey. It was snuggle time with movies and books and blankets, hot chocolate and warm tea. I also went to see the last Matrix on the big screen in Buford. Wow, that was a ta da movie. Good luck to anyone who chooses to attempt to meet the bar that movie set with computer graphics, plot or confusion. The Matrix movies are a little heady, but they are increasingly good. I also spent a good deal of time quilting. I am, one day, going to finish this crazy little quilt. I think that I am being a little too obssesive about it, but whatever, I am quilting. I am not pieceing or layering, I am quilting. Finally, I am almost done. I figure by the end of the week I will be good to go. I also got to go out with friends on Saturday night. That was nice. We went to the Nacoochee Grill. I had my favorite dessert while others had dinner. It is a blondie heated with chocolate syrup and no ice cream. I don't normally order complicated items, but I used to work there and it is hard not to order what you want when you know they have got it and is not that difficult to make. Knowing too much sometimes comes with complication. Ignorance makes for simplicity. We had a good waitress though and that makes a difference. That is all from this side of the valley. Toodaloo.

No comments: