Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Who will buy?

Sometimes there is just no way to ask for life the way it comes. There is a song in the musical Oliver about being tied up with a bow. That is how I felt about Friday's concert. It was life with a big bow. I told God to take care of the weather and the rest was set. It never rained. It rained in every other city in the county except in ours. The concert was a smash. It was loud, it was proud it was had a crowd. It was awesome. I spent too much money, but it was worth it. I will have to cut corners on the other concerts. I also seemed to think that I would be able to get up the next day, however, that wasn't as true as it was when I was in college. I used to go to the football game, the band party and go to sleep that night and be fine the next day. Yeah, I thought I was going to die on Saturday. There was no way to overcome my pain. My feet hurt. My head hurt. My legs hurt. My back hurt. I felt like I had been in a fight. Sunday was a little better. Monday, I was still hating life, but the soreness was gone. This morning. This morning I woke to find that the sun was actually not shining and that it had rained everyday since the concert. I have vincas that are sprouting and are tickled that I planted them. They are just sprouts and seeds right now, but hopefully they will be full blown flowers when it is all said and done. The reason I mention them is because this morning is the first morning that I have been able to notice them. I have been hung over until now. I don't think I would mind the hang over if I had had a drink, but seeing as there was no drinking involved, I am rather surprised at how devestating the event was to my body and my emotional state. I guess somewhere in my mind I am nowhere close to being thirty, but in reality it is less than six months away.

That was an amazing concert.

I have a great job.

God is a great coordinator.

No comments: