Thursday, May 04, 2006

Ah, grasshopper....

I am in my new zen master costume today. My girlfriend likes to throw out really nice clothes and I am on the list for first picks prior to goodwill. So today I am in an all Liz Claiborne, white, linen outfit. I look like I should either a) be on a beach somewhere with a shell necklace and sand between my toes or b) be in India with Indiana Jones on an archaeological dig. Either way...no shoes. But instead I sit in my office with brown sandles that make me tall and the ladies find me expensive with no knowledge that I am a goodwill candidate or that I am a fan of INNNNNDDDDEEEEEE.

Today is a big day here at work. The governor is in town for a minute which is great because he draws all kinds of good people such as the klan who are staked out right now up the street with rebel flags. He is also bringing 200 other folks who as a result have caused a sudden upsurge of maintenance to a particular historic relic owned by the city. Strangely, the folks who worked until 1 AM last night are not invited nor are allowed anywhere near the building. I was asked if I was going and it has already been made clear to me that I am left off the list. I am grateful though because I am able to fit in with the rest of the city workers and be a worker amongst workers as a result, instead of being one of the high and mighties. The other nice part of that is that there is no pressure either. I have enough riding on my shoulders this week. God help me get sleep soon because again last night, I didn't sleep. I am more nervous about my first event (on Friday) than anything in a while. I am hoping it will work. It would be nice to have a slam dunk to start my career. I told God to take care of things for me. I am sure He will. Luckily, my behavior seems to be in check. No one is screaming about toe stepping. That is a good sign. I am going tonight after work to buy a cowboy hat and boots for no other reason than I have always wanted a set and now have a really good excuse to wear them. I will totally be line dancing if it starts in case you are curious.

Oh, hungry for lunch and then ... my nerves are shot.

No comments: