Thursday, January 06, 2005

Hands on a window pane
Watching some children laugh and play
They're running in circles
With candy canes and French braids
Inspired to question:
What makes us grown-ups anyway?

Okay, so obviously something happened for me not to post for a week right? Well I wish I could say that I won the lottery or something exciting and haven't been available, but nothing is ever as interesting. My router at work burned up and we have been without for a week. My precious access to the cyber highway was eliminated. So this post will be short (maybe) and sweet and summarize:

Wed, 12/29/2004: Work and more work(slammed at second work).

Thursday, 12/30/2004: Work and you guessed it, more work. The first job didn't pay me, but they paid everyone else. Was a bit ticked that they forgot me while doing payroll. So I took the last hour to go get my check at the payroll office in Cornelia. Second work was so slammed that my head was spinning and if one more seven top without a reservation walked in I might scream.

Friday, 12/31/2004: Work, Sweetwater and more work. Weighed in for the great weight challenge at work. Prize is $500 for highest percentage body weight lost. I am gonna get it for no other reason that the women in the office being ugly to me about it. Spite is a terrific motivation for losing weight. Got out of the first work early only to find that Sweetwater was closing for ten days to add on to their home (sad, no coffee for two weeks!), but was grateful that I got there a day prior to the closing so was able to get a fix. Then went to second work to find out that New Year's is not always the big money in Clarkesville that Atlanta is and I cried because I didn't get paid...again. Rang in the New Year with John at our friends' house, Nicky and Ginger.

Saturday, 01/01/2004: Slept in like a mad woman. Did nothing all day recooping from work and more work and not getting paid. Played nickel/dime poker at Meg's that evening and lost all my nickels to Nicky. Was a good time to be had though and was grateful to get to play with friends.

Sunday, 01/02/2004: Slept in. Went to breakfast with the boys (John's sons and John) and went to district meeting. Went to the new Lowe's (wow it is big) and got a new halogen light bulb for my lamp. Went home and turns out there was a short in the lamp and the bulb was fine. Thank goodness John is handy enough to fix it and did so!

Monday, 01/03/2004: SLEPT IN AGAIN! Had the day off. Went with John to show a house out in Hollywood! Hahaha. I love that I can go to Hollywood whenever I want. Watched "Street Car Named Desire" and found out how crazy Vivien Leigh is and how sexy Marlon Brando was. Hubbahubba. Ran a mile and did forty situps.

Tuesday, 01/04/2004: Early to bed (10pm), early to rise(5:50am), makes a woman healthy (ran a mile and did forty situps), wealthy (will win $500) and wise (will keep shopping for another job, gotta stick with what I got though!).

Wednesday, 01/05/2004: Prayed to God not to fire me but to give me a way out, an opportunity for something new in employment. Meditative reading was on being prepared to make my move when it came available. Was fussed at by boss because she has nothing to fuss at me for lately and was made cry and told not to cry that we can handle this like adults (guess I don't qualify since I was the one crying). Prayed harder that God would let me outta here. Went to other work: talk about dead: made $24. Never made that little ever. Was clocked out by 9pm and we close at 9pm. John mentions to me on the phone that his lawyer buddy is looking for a legal secretary and wants to know if I am interested. I jump out of my skin: DO INDEED BE A GOD!


No comments: