Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Hit the ro-oad Jack,
And don't ya come back nomore,
No more, no more, No more,

Hit the ro-oad Jack,
And don't ya come back no more. . .

I remember when my Dad told my brother to go hit the road at the Avondale house. He walked out to the road, smacked it with his hand, came back to my Dad and said in a cute little kid voice, "Now what do I do?Can I . . . " He had a crinkle across his forehead like " You meanie, I have no idea what you are telling me to do, but that seemed really mean." It was very funny.

Last night I was called into work. They fired this couple that works there who are dredful servers and slackers for workers. That is not what they told them to let them go, but it is the truth. They called me to cover the empty shift. Unfortunately, they told the guy out of the couple and told him to pass the word to his gal. He is really laid back and just a whatever kind of person. She is the brute of the relationship and came flying in mid-shift. She was in this large pink jacket with a pink and yellow boa and a cutesy pink skull cap with her hair pigtailed out even though it only comes to her shoulders. She was so cute, except that with her fury she turned from cute to a pink tornado with feathers flying out everywhere, squawking like a chicken! She pitched a fit even though there was no one there to pitch a fit to because the managers had already taken off for the night. She kept looking at me and the other servers with a squawk trying to find out why she had been fired. It took everything I had not to say: "why do most people get fired?" I know that when I get fired it is because those in charge generally think that I suck at my job or I actually do suck at my job. I felt bad that they got some lame excuse instead of the truth. Although, everytime I have been fired, I don't know that I have ever gotten the truth either. It feels aweful too: knowing you are being lied to and being fired. I was proud of myself for holding my tongue and recognizing it was not my place to manage the situation. I just kept right on working and let the feathers fly.

No comments: