Thursday, October 16, 2003

jeepers creepers, where'd you get those creepers?
jeepers creepers, where'd you get them eyes?

So my computer at my desk is not fully loaded yet. Apparently explorer is eating it alive. Today I get to work at my boss's desk though and she has the net. I have been super busy ever since I started work. It is the "we haven't had anybody in the position for too long" catch up game that I have been playing. One of the other benefits of being in my boss's desk is that she has a cd player and Louis is so gentle on the ears when data entry is so hard on the fingers. I had to update a doctor's list today and Ella and Louis are the artists of the morn.

I forget how good routines are. When I was out and about seeking employment, there was not a routine. It threw everything off. I couldn't work out. I got lazy with my chores at home. My life creeped into unmanagability. That is always death defying when it happens. When my life gets to that harry stage where nothing aids except God, I have nothing left: no esteem, no people to talk to, no ability to climb out of the darkness that I have walked into when I have no set agenda for my days. The ideal thing, of course, would be that I would have more time to seek God, but mostly I just lose focus. God forbid that I should ever lose focus of my primary purpose, but losing focus of my life is almost as bad. I am very grateful to be of the employed today. But my point is that I did something new with my routine yesterday. It felt good. Normally, I get up, pray, get ready for work, go to work, go to the gym, eat supper, go meet with friends and talk about God, go home, chores, pray, read, go to sleep. The exception of course is the weekend. But yesterday, instead of doing my routine at the gym, I did an aerobics class. I have never done one before yesterday, but they are not all that bad. It was small: three people and a trainer. It was quite a workout. I was impressed and excited and refreshed. It is kind of like dance. It wasn't all that difficult a all. Apparently, it has been free at the gym all along and I just haven't known it. So hopefully there will be one today too. It really increased the length of my time there at the gym. I was surprised at how late I got out of there. Tonight, I think I am going home instead of going to talk about God. I am aweful tired and would really like to see a movie. I love movies. I think I was supposed to be movie critic and ended up an adminstrative assistant. Either way, I am happy today.

No comments: