Thursday, October 23, 2003

I can't imagine not having an imagination, Marilla!

So things are rocking on in the world of Anne. I am a slow book reader because I have a tendency to read four books at one time. Anne turned thirteen last night. It was ever so exciting. I remeber being thirteen. I was a full time baby sitter, a swimmer and a brand new make-up wearer. My big gift for my thirteenth birthday was getting my ears pierced. Funny, today I don't wear make up and my ears are rarely decorated. Anne got puffed sleeves for her Christmas too. She was so elated to wear her puffed sleeved to the Christmas Concert that the school held to sponsor a new school flag. I was so excited to have my earrings and fancy makeup. We had my birthday party with the family up at Bent Tree with the Carter and Bobby McCallums. It was a great day. I was busy that year too. I went to camp, NY, Rock Eagle and Washington DC. Thirteen was grand. Anne makes me think of my own story. She is so much the person I want to be. A friend says that everyone has a great story to tell and that it is the story of our lives. He says that if we could write like the fancy authors like Walt Whitman and Emerson and such, that the story of our lives would be a bestseller every time. I don't know if mine would make a better novel or soap opera. There are days that I wonder.

No comments: