Monday, April 28, 2008



Reasons for a mudroom. Carter asked me a while back why we had a mudroom. My answer was due to living in the middle of a pasture. This is another reason for a mudroom. Pastures have foul agents that stick to the shoes. Generally speaking though, I don't go out into the pasture. There is not really a reason for me to be out there. So why do I have a muddroom? These shoes say it all.

They made the trek from the end of the driveway to the farm house. It is about an eighth of a mile from the road into the house. Our driveway began the grading process last week when it was sunny. The ground was dry and after two days of grading, our driveway was soft and ready to be completed with mixed gravel. Too bad, it rained. John made me take the Suburu down the driveway this morning knowing it would be slick and dangerous. I got out in time for my last exam, however, it was scary. So I decided to park at the road and walk in to the farm. The driveway was so soft that I sunk in the mud over and over and over. Ah, the simple things.

No comments: