Tuesday, December 13, 2005

In your house I long to be
Room by room patiently
I'll wait for you there
Like a stone I'll wait for you there
Alone

Nothing like a little Audioslave first thing in the morning. I don't know what got into me, but screaming loud crazy music was my theme this morning. Normally, I listen to the end of the Morning Edition on NPR, but this morning, nope. I was raring to go somewhere. Mostly, I wanted to run, but I had to go to work, so I listened to my running music. I get interesting looks when I play this cd. Mostly, people look at me funny when I say things like, yeah, I used to sit on the coffee shop porch and smoke cigarettes....YOU SMOKED? AAAAHHH.....the Horror. My girlfriend Megan says that I am a hippie in conservative clothing. She says it is my facade for the world. I like it. No camping for me thank you, but if you want to hug trees, go for it. People go good grief when they hear my screaming music. There is something to it that is empowering. It is better than Rocky music. I guess it has a lot to do with me. I am a generally angry person who is wrapped with opinions and judgements of myself and everyone else, which goes over in this world like a lead balloon. The music gives me an avenue (well music and excercise) to release all of that and just stop thinking. STOP THINKING THOUGHTS . . .

ERERERERGEGGGGGG.........run......scream.....ache.......

Yeah, time for ME to go to the gym. Expulsion of energy. POW.

2 comments:

Dr. G. said...

Your Dad says that you get that honest (anger). He is the same way.
-Mom

miles away said...

I hope you don't think I'm crazy, but I was searching all over for that song by Audioslave (didn't know who it was by at the time), and when I googled some lyrics, your blog popped up. Thanks for the help!