Wednesday, September 21, 2005

So I went over to "talk" to John last night. He was the best boyfriend ever last night and I never courageously "talked" to him because I was so entranced. Then I woke up this morning, got ready for work and got into the car to drive back to Habersham and am on my cell phone talking to Baron York and there's this noise. This awful noise. I haven't gone anywhere but to pull forward and felt part of the ground that didn't feel like ground. I ran over John's dog. I RAN OVER JOHN's DOG.


She is 19 years old and suffers from arthritis and she has always moved away from the car in the past and I thought she had moved, I couldn't see and I could only hear her. I RAN OVER JOHN's DOG!!!! I am terrified and John comes running outside and calms me down, not really, but he sincerely tried and I don't know that he has ever seen me that upset. I don't know that I have been that upset in quite sometime. There was blood, and still is, all over my tire. She was howling like crazy and very upset with me. I was very upset with me because it was Rosa, my favorite cow dog who is 19 years old and has been kicked by more 1500 pound animals than I could ever imagine and I RAN OVER HER. The cows and mules couldn't kill her but. . . John took her to the vet. Because I rolled over her so slowly, her hip is displaced and she cracked a tooth. The vet set her hip and she is on heavy narcotics so she won't move and the tooth has stopped bleeding and was totally pulled. So she's okay, meanwhile I RAN OVER MY BOYFRIEND's DOG.

2 comments:

carter said...

I'm glad she is ok.

Oze said...

I'm glad she's OK too.

You probably don't remember, but when I was growing up, my house had a lots of cats around it: in the carport, in the yard, etc.

During one new batch of kittens, one of them had gotten up on my tire and gone to sleep. Of course, being the in-a-hurry teenager that I was, I jumped in my car to leave, and heard, and felt, a horrible bump.

Yep, I had run over that kitten, and had to bury it in the backyard.

Hang in there, kiddo. It'll be alright.

Uncle Oze