Saturday, March 15, 2008

I have decided that the fashion industry is totally looped, smashed, stumbling through life with unfounded reasoning in the direction they take. Totalled. Totally.

I went to the store today because John says that my new pair of jeans that are a size smaller than my old jeans are already too big. Okay, so I just spent $29.99 on left over wedding gift card money on these jeans that went out of size so I am not willing to spend that much again. So I say to myself, no sense in practicing impractical behavior; I will try something new. I will go get clothing from goodwill. Even better, I will get clothing from goodwill in PTC where the rents live because that is where the rich people are and good name brands will be there.

Mom and I go to "Well Spring" a gently used clothing store across the street from her house. It is THE nicest thrift store I have ever been in, even better than the one in Savannah where I bought super nice clothes for five bucks. It had good organization, well designed displays and kind sales people. Mom and I found one pair of jeans (*ranglers) in a size smaller than the pair I had on and two pair (Arm*ni & G^P) in the size I am currently in with the thinking that maybe my jeans are overwashed or something. Arm*ni, I couldn't get a leg in and G^P, I got two legs in but couldn't get them buttoned (what's the point in getting the legs in if it won't button?). Both are the size of the pair of jeans I bought at Macys, (Leevi 550). Neither fit. These are the two that have "clout" in the fashion industry. Maybe not the G^P, but definitely Armani. Fashion--eers are stupid. The wranglers, size smaller than Leevis 550, fit like a glove. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

No comments: