Wednesday, January 03, 2007

What do you want to be when you grow up?

I want to be a teacher....well, it would mean that I would have to get a masters in teaching because my degree does not qualify to teach.

I want to be a lawyer....except I don't want to have to take an LSAT or a bar exam. Both are large and frightening to a point of paralysis.

I want to be a nurse. Maybe. I am gathering information. So far I have found out that I cannot get into nursing school because my GPA is too low from college. What does that mean? Once again, I have spent $80k on an education that is worthless. BUT, she says. The lady at the admissions office for the school of nursing, I couldn't get in anyway for fall of 2007, it would be at least fall of 2008 so I could go ahead and take the courses in the general college, raise my gpa and have the qualifying courses I would need anyway and take less when I get accepted to the school of nursing. 5-600 apply every year to the school and they only take 100 students. And Georgia wonders why we have a nursing shortage? So you might very well get in, just not this year. AND, she says. The lady from the nursing school, that I have to get into the undergraduate program at the college first before the nursing school will even consider me. So what does that mean?

I applied today for the undergraduate program at the college. I sent in an application, $25 check and had my transcripts faxed for what it is worth. The deadline is January 9, I just made it. They asked me for extra-curricular activities, I said Quilters and Godspell, growing up and becoming an adult. I hope I get in. I meet all the requirements for the undergrad program. Who knows. Maybe. I have to make A's to bring up my gpa. A's in Anatomy, Physiology and MicroBiology. Just saying the course names scare me. Maybe.

What do I want to be when I grow up? Something. God please tell me what, but something.

No comments: