Thursday, January 25, 2007

So yesterday was an eventful day.

First things first, I was able to go to the dentist who looked in my mouth to find a gold mind. It was so bad that he said that on the next visit before any work would be done, he was going to do a comprehensive exam. That means that he will prioritize what has to be done first, how much has to be done and the time period it takes to do it. However, the hygenist was able to eliminate almost all of my smoke stains in my smile. She said that the ones in the back are permanent, but that's no big deal to me because no one can see them. Hurray, no more smoke stains! One thing down, ten thousand dollars left to go.

Then I was able to come home and nap with my husband. This is a treasure as he is working third shift now and I don't normally get to cuddle with him. A real perk to being married is a permanent cuddling buddy. It makes sleeping a lot warmer with a left over sensation of being safe.

About two I went and applied three different places for a table waiting job. Going back to school means waiting tables. This is a good thing because I like waiting tables. Amazingly John, Michelle and Mama all agree that it is a good thing to wait tables. Michelle says that I am in a different place than I used to be and waiting tables is okay. So table waiting I go. Hopefully someone will call soon. I really would enjoy not driving 35 minutes one way on a daily basis. Thirty five minutes means thirty miles up here too. So 15 to Dahlonega would be a welcome change. I miss my walk across the square from my apartment to work. It spoiled me.

Then I took the puppies in for their shots. I have named them all. There is Wolfman Jack, Jill, Rocky and Mikey. They were terrified at the vets office. All four of them crawled into my lap awaiting their shot. Luckily they didn't break the bank on the cost of the shots. I was afraid it would be like a doctor bill. Turns out it was $15 a pup. Perfect! No wonder people don't mind having animals! I have decided to keep Wolfman Jack no matter what however, the rest are to go. I put up a poster in the vet office and at Sweetwater. We shall see if anyone calls. There are not going to be any pups to the pound. I told John to suck it up on that one because all the facilities are kill and there are no non-kills. Nobody is killing my pups. If nature gets them, that's one thing, but there is nothing natural about killing them because they have been in a pound for two weeks. Stupid pound.

Then I went to babysit the Donnellys. AND wrote 45 thank you notes! Per John's request. He was so surprised that he looked at me this morning and said oh, you did them all? NO!!! There are 150 not 45. Stupid. I love him, but sometimes he doesn't get it. He cowered when I just looked at him like--stupid. He offered to do the dishes though, so all is right with the world.

Very eventful day. Hadn't had one of those in a while.

Goodness. It wears me out just writing about it. Ah well, back to the grind.

3 comments:

carter said...

I'm pretty sure the phrase is "gold mine" not "gold mind".

hahaha.

Sarah said...

Carter correcting someone else's spelling? That's funny. ;)

carter said...

that's not spelling - it's a whole other word!