Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Of course you don't feel fine your in deliverance country surrounded by a bunch of sober freaks...

I don't have a dog. I am dog sitting. I have three plants. All are well and happy and I have always had relationships. There is no way around that. Funny thing happened last night. I went to a recording for Tom Hickey. Tom is dieing. He has brain tumors that will be his devistation in this human existence. More likely than not, he won't make it to my wedding. This group of people got together to record a "what you mean to me" cd that is to be sent to Tom before he dies so he has some concept of how many lives he has touched. Tom practiced spiritual principals with me. I had no where to live. My parents would have taken me, but it was a reality at the time they would have killed me. Everyone told them that they would not be a good place for me to live. I was very well evicted from where I was living. There was nothing left for me in Atlanta. I was slightly homeless. Tom said, you can come and stay in my home. You can come here and get your life on track. So I went. He asked me to respect 15 rules. I respected one. The one that was most important: don't drink. The rest of them, yeah, I wasn't capable of following. Tom gave me the opportunity to find a God of my own understanding. Tom gave me a chance to meet a mentor. Tom gave me a chance to meet my best friend. That is what I talked about. I am not worried about Tom. God will take care of Tom, just like He took care of my grandmother and just like He takes care of Curley and Milton. I know that God will take care of me too when I get to that stage of my life just like God takes care of me today in this stage of my life. The only proof I have are my experiences. Megan is part of my experience. Tom introduced me to Megan. She is my best friend and someone I have had a relationship with since before my first plant. She was there before the men. She was there before the women. She was the person who was so excited that I was going to move into Tom's house when all I could think was that my life had just ended at age 24. I didn't feel fine then, but I feel better that fine today. Thank you for the opportunity Tom. See you soon.

No comments: