Monday, July 24, 2006

Anyone seen my week?

My Mom would say that it is under my bed. That was her solution for everything when I was growing up. Meg, John & Sherry went out of town. I felt abandoned and alone last week. I was able to submerge myself in movies. Green St. Hooligans is great. Unfortunate casting for the American, but otherwise great. Mary Hotchkiss Ballroom Dancing & Charm School is heartwrenching and great. Everything else was bland or wierd. I went to Carter's softball game on Friday night and was pleasantly surprised at the fun I had.

When John got back on Saturday, I didn't think that I was going to get to him fast enough. I didn't know that I was going to miss him that much, but I did. Meg got back yesterday and am anxious for her to call me back. Sherry won't be back until next Monday (sad) but she actually calls me from the beach. She got a new car. Her husband bought it for her and surprised her by driving it down to her on vacation.

John and I registered at Macy's. No where else only Macy's. It took everything out of us to go and then we were asked well where else are you going to register...ugh. Nope. John thought it was an odd phenomena. When you think about it, it is pretty weird. It is like making a list for Santa Claus. I made a list for Christmas presents a year or two ago and everyone thought I was being bold, but getting married---ya gotta get registered. FYI: There are 35 items over $150. There are over 150 under $150. (Yeah there is one that is a total wish, but hey? what is a wish list for?) There were lots of things we didn't register for because we don't drink. We found glasses that were specifically for sweet tea. I thought that was funny. I also found a way cool bud vase that to be frank is the only thing that I WANTED as opposed to wanted. (can you tell the difference?)We still have to register our china and our sterling because none of it was in the store. John had much more fun than I did. I don't know that he has ever made a wish list for Santa. If you want to check it out it is under Rachel Green & John Kahle. The coolest part is for every gift purchased, 10% goes on a gift card for us to spend later. COOL. That way we can come in and get whatever is still out there (i.e. a butter dish or forks or the really cool coffee maker).

On a side note: I also bought 5 items at the Gap for $38.85. Woohoo. It is hard to get me in a shopping vicinity and not buy things.

Hanging out with Sherry's animals for the week. They are really mad at Sherry for leaving them. The cats are hysterical. They cry just to cry and sprint from one end of the house to ther other. The dogs just lay there. They were up for fun though this morning at 6 am (yeah, I get to sleep an extra hour guys). Out they went. I was amazed at the energy with which they went running around at that hour of the morning. They will be my new best friends for the next week. Them and more movies. Although, at Sherry's house you do get one channel. Craig (Sherry's hubby) has the coolest car cleaning stuff that he said I could use so I might do that tonight.

I feel lost because I missed last week.

No comments: