Saturday, October 18, 2008

There is nothing like helping someone else to get out of myself. I am in the middle of an accounting test right now. I had the first half in class and the second half is take home. I finished a paper last night and turned it in at 11 pm via email. Only thing is that my prof is supposed to get one email from the group (it was a paper for a group). She got two. Turns out the crazy in my group got a little crazy and sent an email too. So, I ended up staying awake until 1 pm knowing that it was done wrong. Wondering what my prof was going to think about two emails or which one she would grade. This is the end of my week. The begining started with a test in Fraud. So...needless to say, I have been in my head lately.

Today, I got to do flowers for the church. It was great. I also got to talk to someone about learning to take care of themselves. It is not easy being so open and honest with another person. Not to mention when the talkin is about the hard stuph. I have never had someone come to me before who was so willing to change. She is trying to do what anyone and everyone is telling her to live a better life. Here is she is asking me for specifics on the better life. Me? Giving advice on how to live a better life. Amazing.

As we began to talk about prayer and meditation, service and unity, seeking God...the flower arrangements came to life. Once the arrangements were done, so was our conversation. Strangely as we parted ways, I realized not once had I pondered my academics or other people's behavior or just outright nonsense. Me helping her helped God to help me. Now I am back in a place where grades don't really matter, other people's behavior is none of my business and I am hanging out with my friends at Gertie Mae's just being me. I am in my favorite hat, with my favorite friend in my favorite place. Only thing for icing on the cake is a little bit of Sweetwater on my way home.

Nothing like working with others.

No comments: