Friday, October 03, 2008

Cooking with Rachel K

On today's menu, we have Vicki D's Brunswick Stew. Below are the ingrediants you will need to make the ultimate stew.

1 can cream corn
1 can whole corn
2 cans stewed tomatoes (original recipe)
1 small bottle of ketchup
1 large white meat chunk chicken
2 cans Castelberry's BBQ pork in BBQ sauce
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 lb. ground beef
1 onion

Brown gr bf in skillet w/onion chopped. Combine everything in large pot. Cook on low/med for a few hours until bubbly.

In my world, I have always recieved an "N" from my elementary school teachers in "follows instructions." "N" is for needs improvement. SO with that thought in mind, we enter my kitchen.

Upon shopping for the goods yesterday, I could not find Castleberry's BBQ Pork so instead I bought...something else. I realized that maybe it did not have BBQ sauce in the pulled pork, so I bought some Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce ( the best bbq sauce in the universe). Today, I browned the beef and onion, but realized that I was probably supposed to drain it prior to dumping it in the pot. Oh, also I don't have a pot that big except the crock pot so...it's in the crock pot. I don' know if this is right either, but oh well. I also bought a can of tomato sauce instead of ketchup. I also forgot to get the chicken. I realized this when I was dumping the ingrediants in the pot. I turned the pot on Low. Finally, I added a hour on the fb in combo of a telephone call to my cousin Jenny. I think this is an especially important part because it is the luv in my culinary art.


So today in the kitchen of Rachel K we have Brunswick Stew per Vicki D...sortof.

3 comments:

Joanie said...

i always improvise! you probably made a better meal than you expected it to be! :-)

Vicki said...

Yours sounds wonderful! And it's not my recipe, I just have to admit that one right now.

I always cook mine in the crock pot, and I'm sure the different bbq sauce was good as well. Like Joanie said, I'm sure it turned out better!

Anonymous said...

It made so much that I had to give some of it away! But it sure is good! I also froze some of it.