Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Ever have reality hit you in the chest so hard it makes you gasp? Had that happen to me the other day when I realized that my step son wasn't just staying for the weekend, rather moved into my little farm house. That is not so easy to sneak into, but he was stealthy about it and commandeered his Dad in order to make it happen. One thing is for sure: I am totally a new wife. When I was asked if my step son could come and stay, I said sure. NEW WIFE. Old wife would have said "for how long?" or "can we talk about this?" or "I need to think about it." New wife says, "sure" and two days later says, "wait what did I say yes to? oh, no....".

Just when I think this whole wife stuph is old hat, they sneak a new one in on me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, when they're working in cahoots with each other it can be tough...

Anonymous said...

You have such a great attitude about this!!:)
Yeah for you!
-Mom