Sunday, June 01, 2008

I really like my old farm house today. It was a little scary this morning in the summer thunderstorm, but otherwise, it is turning into a cool house. The sun room has come along nicely. John has stored cabinets in there, which I think he may have thought they would be used it the kitchen, but I liked them so much right where they lay, I loaded them up with stuph. It gives the sun room an air of a study with a lot of light. I like it. It helped that I took the dead fish off the wall that looked like at one point in time was a trophy of some sort but lately looked like it should have been inside Grimald Place with Kreacher. I have hung pictures up instead. Pictures are nice. It is a way of filling the room up with people who love you and who you love without haveing to deal with any of their defects. All I have left are to put in the books that are at storage. Maybe Tuesday.

I have a test tomorrow on Interest and Time Value of Money. I am haveing a hard time finding motivation to study, but it always comes out okay in the end. How? Its a mystery.

I also finished painting my kitchen cabinets. They are now all blue. I like that. Blue. Next, the walls. I was thinking green, but the color green I have is icky. Kind of looks like mud actually. I think I will try a yellow instead. A real yellow as opposed to the white that has turned yellow due to being painted in the fifties? We shall see. That is a big project.

My next small big project is to get the computer area cleaned up. This is a lot bigger deal than painting the walls because it is mostly John's things. He is not much on change, but I can't stand the random clutter any more. It has some semblance of organization in his mind...not mine. Gracefully, he is allowing me to move things. I hope he will like it. I hope I will like it.

I think this random farm house is becoming my home. Ah...the little things.

No comments: