Thursday, May 29, 2008

Careful the things you say, Children will listen
Careful the things you do, Children will see, and learn...

Gosh, I just love that musical. I don't have a formal thought so I think I will just jot things down.

Memorial Day was not about the pool opening this year like it has been for the whole rest of my life. This year it was about hay bailing. Every field close by cut the hay, let it lay, then fluffed it and bailed it into big round bales. Then, it came to my farm, to go in the barn.

It occurs to me that I don't know how to spell bale, or bail. hmm...

I planted flowers for the first time in my life. I now have valias, petunias, a rose bush and a butterfly bush. John placed the bushes. Thank goodness. I couldn't decide where to place them. Appropriately, John planted the rose bush over Rosa's grave. He's such a smart man.

I made a 97 on my first American History exam. I also have 10/10 on all my presentations. So far I have done two, which is all that is required for the class and every other one is extra credit. I am signed up for four. The first one, I wrote letters on behalf of Abigail Bartlett and Mary Adams to demonstrate what the colonists were thinking at the time of the Declaration of Independence. I also brought in my copy of the Declaration, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. What, you don't have a cool copy of the most important documents in the history of this country lying around your house? The second presentation was on polling. I used the West Wing for that one and took a poll of the class, which was my partners idea. The next one is on Congress. I was thinking of creating a mock congress with ranchers and shepherders instead of repubs and demos. I figure there are three bills that have to pass: one they all agree on, and two they don't. I'll probably get an A for that one too.

I made a B on my first Money and Banking test, which is good because it is WAY hard. Who really cares what happens to the GDP when the Fed injects money into the economy? I just want to balance your books.

The Martini Gavotte is polished off. I am moving onto bigger and better things, like Minuet 2, the extended version.

I got sunburned from planting flowers. I wore a funny hat and everything. Ahh..summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like random posts like these and it reminds that I haven't done one in a while.

Great job with your grades!

I'd love to hear you play someday.