Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Why is it that the lady on the "time to quit" commercial who encourages people to stop smoking and calls it an addiction to nicotine, like that is not the same thing as smoking (there is no such thing as a social smoker, if you call yourself a smoker--you are addicted), makes me want to pull my cigarettes up and light one up? The problem is that I don't have any cigarettes and haven't bought cigarettes for like five years or something. Not to mention, I don't think I have a lighter either. If I had to start a campfire, I would have to go to the store. Do you know how long it takes for me to get to a store from the farm? Fifteen minutes, minimum. So weird. You'd think that a stop smoking campaign would make you say, golly, glad I stopped that looks aweful not give me a drag, or yeah, let's see if I can smoke an entire pack in the time it takes to play the commercial. Something is wrong with the "your time to quit" marketing. There is a better commercial that is on the dvds as a preview that is a cowboy in newyork who sings through a mike that is pressed into his throat and sings to you that you don't always die from smoking, sometimes they just take a lung and tongue and give you a machine so that you can talk through your throat. Yeah, watching that guy, makes me really grateful that God has removed the obsession of smoking. I mean pressing a mike to your throat to talk? Weird and scary all wrapped into one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad the commercials can't let you smell the STINK of smoking!!

-Mom

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaaahahhaaha! That would be bad, then everyone would smell like smoke. You could tivo them and get this little wiff of smoke out of your tv.

Yeah, when I started smoking I thought the tobacco smelled good. It was the ashtray after effect that was stinky. Marboros have the best tobacco smell. Incase you were curious.

Rae