Saturday, June 07, 2008


I like the way my fingers feel after I have practiced. They are tender on the ends and my arm is always aching. I am pulling my elbow more in so that I can relax my pinkie more to get a better fourth finger sound and my arm aches because I don't know that I have ever practiced it right. But now that I am, owee. It was weird when I picked up my violin today, it was all in tune about a half step low. I think that the heat has something to do with it. The temp at the bank in Clarkesville was 102. The temp on my computer here at the farm says 91. The best part of it is, farm life mean no AC. So it is probably 85 in my house right now, thus the reason I am drinking ice water and sweating like a pig. I actually had to put a wash cloth on my chin rest so my chin would slip off from sweat. It also made the chin rest like ten times more comforatble. Gavotte in G Minor is coming along. My fours are not sounding like fours much any more. They are sounding like notes. Now, if I can just add some vibrato, I will be professional...in ten more years with intense work!

No comments: