Saturday, February 09, 2008

I am a mastermind.






I am an artist.







I am mad with housework!


I didn't get started on these cabinets until after lunch. I ended up being on the phone with my long lost girlfriend, Meg. Actually she is not long or lost, but we like talking on the phone (for two hours at a time), so people might think this to be true. She is a cabinet painting guru. As in she does it for a living. She is all about the colors and messy-ness. She was so excited I was painting my cabinets.


As you can see, these cabinets were built about fifty years or so ago. They are super-size cabinets. One of my cabinets is the size of two that are built today. Needless to say, the icky yellow color is painful. This is the color I have been eating over since I moved into the farm.



This ----->>>>>>>>photo is half way through the process. I had to lay a base coat of high gloss white in order to get the effect I was going for.








TADA!

It's a miracle. I have painted cabinets. You can call me Martha Stewart if you want to!
I still don't know if I like them yet. I stopped at three just to make sure this is the look I want. I still have bit of touch up work to do, but I wasn't willing to do it if I didn't like it. I think I will sleep on it. I was thinking that maybe they would be lighter than they are. But I may have mixed the glaze too heavy. I think adding some white or glaze will tone down the shock of the color. I don't know which though, so I will consult the experts.

No comments: