Monday, March 05, 2007

I saw a falling star tonight and thought of Sarah and thusly thought, I needed to blog.

Lots of cool things happening on the farm. We have a visitor that was originally thought to be a beefalo and now turns out to be a real cow called a long haired highland. Unfortunately, it is a calf so mostly it looks like a four legged ewok. (a beefalo for those who are wondering is half buffalo, half cow raised for lean beef) Our farm butts up to a farm owned by a fancy doctor from Augusta. Unlike us, he raises animals for amusement instead of income. He has all sorts of stange animals such as Jacob's sheep and funny goats and turns out--long haired highland cows. They are really beautiful animals, but not as nice as our muts on our farm. Also, turns out that laundry is a dangerous thing for me to do. There was a wasp in my washer the other night that was on one of my turtle necks I was pulling out of it and walla! stung not once, but twice. It crawled up my sleeve to get me the second time and I promptly derobed with all due speed. Other cool things, the puppies have learned to stay and sit. Haha! I have the smartest puppies ever. Turns out they are dirt balls though. Their new thing is to venture out into the pasture with Mom and RedDog so they can role in cow patties. Yeah, that's gross. Definitely qualifies for dirtballdumb.

Read my brother's blog about change. Gave him a buzz and it turns out that he had a friend who also had lots of change and that both of them harnessed their changes into productive results. I got to thinking about it and that never seems to be my reaction to change. For example, Megan moved back to the mountains from Athens. Major change and took my old job (thusly I have a new one) major change. Yet I whined about it. I cried a bit in selfishness. I even told her about how selfish I was being. No hurray or yippee or perhaps constructive behavior like a welcome home gift, no.no. WAAAA. That is how I respond to change. It is better than it used to be. I used to waa and scream and kick and hurt people who loved me. Why? Because I am nutso. The pastor's wife said that there was nothing to be done with a child like that (referring to me), all you can do is pray for her. Guess it worked. I still am upset by change. Mom says that not even normal people like change. That made me feel not so crazy. Next time though, I am going to have to figure out how to get a new room out of it or a bookshelf. Mostly, I just get heartache.

Althoguh, I would say this and will close, I am changing into a maybe nurse. I don't know what I want to change into, but I am trying to change my whole life because the way I used to be wasn't working for me. Sometimes lots of little changes shift over all to one large change that makes more sense than all the little ones. When it all comes together in some sort of coincedence, I call it a God shot. The nice thing about change is that I don't neccesarily know what is going on and strengths my faith the God does. Perhaps that is the constructiveness that I get out of crying over changing.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow, I'm like your blog conscience. That's neat. I think.

I hate change too.