Thursday, March 15, 2007

I am watching Anne of Green Gables, the sequel. I grew up knowing it as Anne of Avonlea. Why am I watching Anne of Avonlea? Because I am sick. That is what I watch when I am sick. I can remember it being on all the time on PBS or at least one hour of it on the Disney Channel.

This sweet woman at work said that I reminded her of Anne. She said that I was haughty just like the Anne girl. I said thank you because I will take any relation I can get to Anne Shirley. Weird compliment though.

I have been sick since Monday, only on Monday I didn't know I was sick until Tuesday morning I woke up as though I had been in an accident. My body was sore, my nose was stuffed up and my throat was scratchy. Turns out that Cooper had the same thing and was home from school. He had a cough to boot. So I went and watched over the greatest soccer player while eating popsicles and watching movies. Then I went off to grab his sister to take her to her chorus concert and by the time I got back to their house, I was beaten and battered by my cold. It fooled me though. I went to bed at nine and got up around eleven the next day and thought hmm....I feel better only sniffles and no pain.

So I took medicine and went to hang out with my favorite artist, Megan who is working on her first piece for sale. She has quite a talent. She says that she NEEEEEEDS me to be there when she paints. Mostly she needs me there to paint about like she needs me to be there when she cleans. This is a game we played when we were roommates. I would go and sit in her room and she would clean all around me and then she would come and sit in my room while I cleaned around her. It was dreadful to learn how to clean without her when we each had our own place. Needless to say, mostly she paints while I sit there and do nothing. It is the same effect as the cleaning. However, I got back to the farm and K-rashed. John told me not to go out again, but not me, not the social butterfly. I went out to meet with friends. I went to bed at midnight, midnight thirty only to rise at TWO PM today. I couldn't move. My body ached, my head pounded, my nose dripped, my sinus cavity was breeding virus and now I have a cough. I took some medicine again. I hate taking medicine. Thirty minutes I could stand and carry on a sentence and tried to take a shower. Then I passed out. Then John and I went to Dahlonega for a meal as I was feeling up. GReatest meal ever. Horrible server--excellent food. Like WOW. Then off to the post office and ZAP--no energy. I am glad that I got out because otherwise I wouldn't be convince that I needed to just stay home. Sherry called to see if I wanted to hook up and realized once I said hello that I was not in shape for it. So here I sit...Anne makes me feel better. She is the best medicine.

No comments: