Friday, March 16, 2007

Just some blog thoughts...

if you lived in my head you would know that I am feeling better by the way I started blogging today without a computer, but now John has the ick. ICK!

Automechanics are awesome people. I have never been to an auto mechanic that wasn't required by an insurance agency (due to wreck...speaking of which I find it interesting that my brother called me in the midst of his wreck, it occurs to me that I am the person he knows who knows the most about wrecks, which I am not sure if that is a compliment that he called me for an opinion or a humiliation because I have had so many WRECKS!!!) or that wasn't employed by a dealership before for serious work. I am not going to a dealership for my oil change, that is stupid, but you know, my light came on in my car. And, it is a new car and it is the first time the light has ever lit. And, I say to my hubby, let's take to Saturn and he said, let's not. And, we took it to a mechanic. John is pretty mechanically inclined which helps because there is no wool to be pulled because he knows how to sheer the sheep. Today my car purrs. I didn't even realize that it wasn't purring before I took it to the shop, all I knew was that I went from getting 37 miles to the gallon to 34 miles to the gallon, which translates in my head as waiting to long to change the oil, but nooooooo...... the mechanic made it purrrrrr...it now gets 39 miles to the gallon without long distance travel. I used to get 40 when I made a trip to mom's, but this tank was bustling about town after I got back from PTC. Oh yes, 39 around town...take that you oily men! The other cool feature they fixed was my ignition. I used to have to yank the steering column and turn the key and stomp my foot (the stomping was so not to lose my cool) in order to start the car. The lovely mechanic made it so I put the key in and turn and it starts the car just like a new car. Purrrrr....

Fafsa sucks.

Started watching the west wing series again. Strangley it is not as addicting this time. I turned to Pretty In Pink after one side of the dvd. I never made it through PIP because it was late and I fell asleep. Finished wathing Coal Minor's Daughter the other night. It is long, took me two times to get all the way through. There is something about country singers who are real that makes for comfort. When I say country singers who are real, I mean who have experienced their songs as opposed to having people write the songs for them. Some day I will buy that one. It was a real decent flick.

I like a super Wally World on a Friday in the mountains. It reminds me of Tuesdays in Decatur. The thing in the mountains though is that you ALWAYS run into someone you know. That didn't neccessarily happen in Decatur, although it happened a lot. The thing about Fridays is that everyone in the county gets paid because they all earn wage and no salary so they go see the super Wally for their weeklies. There are so many people in there that it is like the ATL because you have to just go about your way and ignore all else. Watch out for carts man because there is no seeing around corners. You just have to see about yourself. There is no acknowledgement that you almost get run down, they keep right on going. It allows me to be less self conscious about my shopping. It also allows me to disappear in the masses. I get a little confidence out of the whole deal. The hustle and bustle of the city. Nothing like it.

March is in like a lion. We have had so much wind it is surreal. Hopefully it will go out like a lamb and take the cold wind outta here. It is like a trick when I am trying to get dressed: oh look beautiful sunny skies...but then you walk out in it and are promptly hit up side the head with something the pups drug out from under the house because the wind picked it up just to remind you whose boss...brrrr...go away.

just some blog thoughts...

No comments: