Wednesday, March 01, 2006

God Shot

John proposed and I accepted. It was a total God thing: He proposed at the altar in the Cornelia Presbyterian Church shortly after we prayed and read parts of Psalm 119. He told me he was taking me to the post office.

What a lovely man he is. Crazy as a bat.

Who would ever guess that I would be a person that someone else would love, honor and cherish. I didn't use to be that person. I was unlovable, unemployable, incabable of having a relationship with anyone, not to mention an intimate relationship with a man. There were no such things as parents or girlfriends or any of those people. There was no god. There was only self and death. Who would guess that since that point in time, God is a part of my life every day. God helped me to a point of a relationship with women. God helped me to a point of a relationship with men and more importantly to a man. He is a man with an understanding of God that I share. We fight, we talk, we love, we cry. Hell, we've been together for three and a half years. He is my partner and my best friend. How did I get here from there? Only one way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel!

Congratulations! and what a lovely post! I will share it with Elyn...as encouragement for the future!

Love,
Selma (Your Dad's cousin in Jacksonville!)

Rae said...

Thanks Selma!

Oze said...

Congrats!

Nothing like being engaged ....