Tuesday, February 14, 2006

We've got this afternoon/you've got this room for two/one thing I've left to do. . .

I love John Mayer. He makes me feel sixteen again. Well, much like my brother I had a similar occurance: I did a budget. I haven't done my taxes yet (that is next weekend) but I did my budget. I am a bride's maid for my longest known girlfriend in the whole wide world and I have to save money or never get there. I needed to save money anyway, but I am not good at the save money because you of that you are supposed to thing. I am better at having a reason. So, Michelle and I found $$%) a month to save so that I could have $!#%) to fly and have fun. That is almost a quarter of what I make on a monthly basis. It also means that I will have no reason whatsoever to not save after the fact for a house. Although it means that I can't get Mary Kay for a while or some other things too. I can give up make-up for a while to get to New Hampshire. (If I were 13 though this would be not be true!) Did I mention she is getting married in New Hampshire? On the coast of NH actually, not that I knew before she invited me that NH had a coast. Dad says it is only about 20 miles long so it is easy to not know. But Mom laughed at me. I don't know geography very well, of course that might be because I have never been anywhere. Taking action on my money makes me feel better. Now I know where I stand and what I can do with it. Soon it will be more than savings though. Michelle wants me to look into cds and stocks and scary 401k stuff. She says that it is easy to do and useful for saving. Runaway. I like the idea behind a cd because I can get to it when I need it. That way if I end up in the hospitalGodforbid (that is all one word in the south) or with the notion to buy a house or a car or something like that, then I can make a down payment on the excessiveness. I am so projecting right now. This month I only put away $@)), but I capped off two credit card bills so that was good. Also my student loan payment didn't show on my last bank statement so I might have another $!%) in my checking that isn't supposed to be there. I am willing to wait until the next statement to find out for sure. If it shows up then I am giving it to the third and final credit card which means I will knock out $@)) in one month off the final credit card. Then I can get my ticket for the plane online! Hurray! That simple in one month! I am all about immediate gratification. Money hard at work I say! Better it than me!

No comments: