Monday, February 20, 2006

Update on $50k: $21,520 cash in hand; $10k in kind donations. Left to report are two banks, coca-cola, gapower, johnson & johnson and ford. Not to mention sales from t-shirts, hats & ornaments. That will bring in another $3-5k. Cross your fingers and hold your breath.

I almost didn't sleep a wink last night. I have my assessment by the Dept of Community Affairs on tomorrow and knew I would spend the entire day today cleaning and preparing for the assessment. It is a big deal and determines whether or not my job will exist next year or not. I get two years worth of probation before it is terminated, however, I generally am not used to failing or probation or anything of the sort. I got to work this morning only to find out that my boss broke his foot this weekend in St. Mary's Island while visiting family. He broke it so badly that he had to have surgery and pins to set the foot. He will be stuck there for two weeks. No more assessment. So now all my lack of sleeping was worthless. Not that worrying isn't worthless anyway, but now it is twice as worthless. I feel badly for my boss though. He has two purple hearts from Vietnam (because he did three tours) and the grandkids are what knock him off his feet.

Thank goodness I don't have to worry again for a while.

I am on my third month of this whole working out scenario. It is apparently working, but I am not able to tell a difference. I haven't lost any actual weight yet. I am apparently toning. I am ready to not tone and loose weight. I want to get back in my old jeans like yesterday. I am doing strengthening four times a week and cardio three times a week. It is hard to do. I like being lazy. I could up my cardio to five times a week. I am still not willing to change what I eat yet. I am not interested in all the diet fads because to me they seem like a quick fix and I am not into quick fixes any more. I am into wanting to look the way I want to look and eat the way I want to eat and if that means more working out, lets go. I am not into limiting my food or having to eat something that tastes like styrophoam or cardboard or like pinestraw. Not gonna happen. Lets work out for two hours and eat at Outback without having to order from the rabbit section. Know what I mean? What's the point in working out if I can't eat what I want to? So needless to say my results are slow to come. John says there is a difference. He says that there is no cellulite in the back of my legs and that I am not as soft as I used to be. He says my shape is coming back. I am still the same weight as when I started though: bleh.

I watched Friday Night Lights again last night. It is such a good movie. This is a differing opinion from my brother. He thinks it is weird that the movie is about a team that lost. I think it is great that the movie takes you consistently through the raw emotions of the team so well. It amazes me everytime when he ends up an inch short of breaking the plane for a touchdown. I love the story pushing the characters. It is so overwhelming. I totally didn't realize the drunk dad was Tim McGraw in it until last night. That was a neat discovery. I haven't ever watched the special features until last night. The whole movie was so intense. I love emotional movies. I also watched the Man from Snowy River. Now I have to get Return to Snowy River. I forgot why I liked that movie. Now I remember. It was such a great love story. They are really in love and it is awesome. It made me want to start taking piano lessons again because at one point in time I could play the theme song and love song. Not as well as they did on the movie, but pretty good for being twelve. Tonight is working out and the Godfather. I just bought it this weekend. I will buy each them over the course of the next few weeks. Such a good trilogy. Wow. Good movies. Love me some good movies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget that muscle weighs more than fat. As you're toning you are losing weight, but you're also gaining muscle. You should have someone check your Body Mass Index now and then in a couple of months. That will actually tell you how much fat you're dropping :)
Love ya, Vicki