Thursday, November 17, 2005

Well I am not so worn out today. I stayed in last night and well. . .I sort of stayed in. I went to the new McDonald's in Clarkesville that had a private party and are opening on Friday or something. They had folks wandering around saying, "Would you like a fry?" or "Perhaps you would care for a chicken mcnugget?" It makes me laugh even now. Don't get me wrong, the place was beautiful and doesn't look like any Mickey D's I grew up with, but it was just wierd having apple pies in their boxes offered as a dessert taster. Funny. All the folks that were there were high society on our local level. I felt very priveldged to be there. THEN I went home and stayed home. I felt all priveledged and fancy and one of the crowd to come home and be me: Ramen Noodles and watching Willow from the Netflix. Funny thing about Willow, I never realized how old or how bad it was. It still worked, but the best actors were Willow, Val Kilmer and the baby. The baby was probably better than Val. I think that if the plot were a little more developed it would have worked. Maybe if they had done it in a trilogy like they did Star Wars. All of the producers and directors and such were all really big A list folk, but everyone gets a bad apple once in a while and this movie was bad. I still liked it though. I think I like it because it has a good ending, a quest of the main character, a little love, the great fight of good and evil, Val with his shirt off and it was a movie I watched growing up. It was still bad though. Now that I watch Star Wars, I realize how bad the acting was in it too, but I still like it too. I think sometimes you just gotta have a soft spot for bad flicks. Got through a good deal of Potter last night. It is long! Read more in Mark. I find it humorous when Christ gets mad. He starts to get mad initially when he randomly picks a fruit tree, fig tree and wants something to eat, realizes there is not any figs on it and zaps it permanently for being empty. That would be the equivalent of me going into Chick-fil-A and saying "What no chicken? ARG!!! You will never have chicken again!!! ARG!!" Then He goes to the temple and pitches a fit when all He really needs is a chicken sandwich. Guess He has a human side after all. At least He fit a lesson into the fit pitching process, that is better than I would do.

No comments: