Saturday, August 27, 2005

Well I haven't had time for myself yet. It has been two weeks since I have started working and I have made time for God, time for others, but being selfish and self centered in nature, I want some time for me. I have the "day off" but not really. I am doing a picnic for service work. While it is a grand idea when it started, now it seems to be in the way. It went from being fun and exciting at the begining of the idea to obligatory. That happens to me a lot. It happens in realtionships & jobs. It all the sudden is work and not fun. Are there ever things that are just fun?

I met a man whose job sounds like fun. Although I know the reality must be tough because I watched my father go through so much as a younger man. This man is a missionary in Brazil. He and his wife run a campus outreach program and are in process of planting a church. That sounds like fun. Go to a cool country. Talk about God. Put some elbow grease in there and build a boat, I mean a church. If I had money, I would give it to him for his church. I think it is cool that he is so willing and capable to carry the message. I have a song in me somewhere that sings, "I'll shout it from the Mountain tops, (PRAISE GOD). I want the world to know. The Lord of Life has come to me, I want to pass it on." I might be making up some of the words because it has been so long since I have heard it, but I make up words anyway.

I like being as busy as I am, but it takes a lot from me. If I have a day off tomorrow, I think I am going home. Even though I have a day off today, I still have to work tonight. There is no way to know if I will ever see a full day off again, but all things considered, it is being handled very well. I know today that it is not me handling it, it is a God moment in my life. When I try to go 90 miles an hour with my hair on fire, I end up exhasperated and drunk. Today I am a little tired, but mostly awake and able and ready and willing. Woohoo...pinic here I come.

No comments: