Sunday, August 21, 2005

There is something to be said for waiting tables. For some reason, whether it is simplicity or whatever, waiting on people is something I do really well. It is something that I can do without thought. It is almost peaceful and renewing it is so . . .hand and glove. Making people smile, talking to them about nothing, helping them to have one good meal, it makes a difference. It is a performance. A thirty minute to an hour performance. I love to perform. Strangly, there is lots of money to be made too. But why, oh why, is it such an unaccepted profession? Why are their no benefits or 401ks? More women who are single mothers and/or are lacking in education can make their living in waiting tables. . . is this why it is so frowned upon? Who knows. I know I like it. I know that I would probably be okay doing it for the rest of my life if it had all the perks of a "real" job, like benefits, vacation and such. Perhaps there are restarants out there that will have those things for servers. If so, I need to find them! Until then, I am going to keep desiring law school. There is something to be said for arguing too, but that is another blog.

No comments: