Friday, June 18, 2010

Ester is faced with great terror.  Not just for her people, but for herself.  She is to be executed by the King's order. Great terror...

Fear is a nasty thing.  It twists around inside of me.  It shows its face in so many ways in my life.  The greatest fear I face that manifests repeatedly in my life is abandonment.  And when I believe that someone close to me will leave me...forever, I lose my composure.  When I remember someone who has abandoned me, I feel agony that can surface as anger, sadness, confusion.  Once the wound of abandonment is reopened, it takes a while to heal back again.  And I smart off to my friends.  I cry in my bathroom alone.  I look in Ester to find the answer. 

Ester did two things when she learned of the great threat Haman had established against her.  First she asked for prayers and fasting from Mordachi and his people.  Second she took action ensuring her life from the King.  Prayers and action.  Two constants in my life. 

O Lord hear my prayers.  Heal me where I am hurt.  Give me great strength in times of great fear.  Grant that I may be Your servant to those whom you place in my life.  Thy will, not mine be done. Amen

Prayers and actions. 

Thanks be to God.

No comments: