Monday, April 05, 2010

Overheard at Easter:

John: That's what you should look like Rae! 
Rae: Yeah, well I was dancing for an hour a day, swimming for an hour and a half and gosh only knows what else.  So...if you are willing to give up your quality time with me, sure I can be that. 

This is the kind of thing I am used to: what I used to look like everywhere I turn.  I was a thin, beautiful, active young woman who was in every club I could be, a part of musicals, choirs, handbells, played violin (which requires lessons & practice) and piano, was maintaining a 3.47 GPA, babysat to make money AND had a social life.  Can you say WHAT?! 90 miles an hour with my hair on fire.  That is me.  I still go 90 miles an hour these days and the stress is different but still there.  Now instead of getting into college, it is finding a job.  Instead of paying for my mission trips, clothes etc, it's paying the bills.  Instead of the best GPA, it's being the best person I can be. 

Unfortunately, fat means fatigue, fatigue, fatigue.  Not to mention I take two allergy meds that both say: may cause drowsiness (uh, understatement!!!).  I have never been so tired in my life as I have been in the past couple years.

I have always heard that exercise gives you energy, but here on Day 5, I am totally exhausted.  I want to lay down for a nap for about an hour.  It would be so nice.  But I asked God to get me down that driveway.  My best friend has also suggested some modifications to what I was doing.  She said the situps are useless at this point and I need to focus on whole body.  So I am supposed to jump rope 1 min, pushups 1 min, lunges 1 min (no break) and then run my driveway down and back.  Then 2-3 min break and do it again.  It makes me tired just thinking bout it. 

Of course I also have to research sources for my papers, take a quiz for advanced financial accounting, send out a few resumes, turn the laundry over, do the dishes, switch my winter clothes to spring clothes, pay attention to my husband, get drinks for Beta Alpha Psi function tomorrow and go grocery shopping, not to mention get to bed at a decent hour (1130 would be awesome).  Fatigue. 

Did I mention it was a beautiful day outside?  I mean down right gorgeous?  And God spilt my dinner on my kahki's so I have to change...into my workout gear. 

You think I could outsource my nap?

No comments: