Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Who am I to make you wait?

I thought about waiting until I got back to blog, but...

I miss my farm. I never thought that would be true. I mean I got to ride in a golf cart, got to go to the symphony and got to play with the prettiest dog in the world. So, why would I miss the farm?

I guess it has become home.

My stepson who is a black belt in karate is keeping the dogs and staying at the farm. I feel like this means that he will take care of my home. He is supposed to be installing some cabinetry on top of just eating us out of house and home and using our tv and internet. So not just taking care of my home, but improving it. That will be cool to come home to, a new cabinet to put stuph in.

I had no intention of being away from home so long, but things happen and then the homesickness sets in after so long. It will go away after while. I don't remember getting homesick too much when I was little. I remember calling my parents after two weeks at camp and asking if I could stay two more. They said no. But there was no homesickness then. So why now? I can't rightly say. Maybe it is part of this grown up stuph.

I will be glad when I can pet my dogs instead of someone else's dog or cat. I will be glad when I can go to my refridgerator, eat my no sugar, no white flour food. I will be glad to wake up in my own bed with my own quilt and my own teddy bear. Yes, at home, I sleep with a teddy bear. Two actually: Madison and Snickers. I have had snickers since I was one and madison since I was 21. They are my safety to make sure that no one takes me too seriously, including myself.

Although, I am traveling. This is not something I have had an opportunity to do much in my life. I get to spend good quality time with family. They are all people who I love and love me. This makes the homesickness, not so sickening. It makes me recognize the wealth I have in my life that is not nearly true for others. Did you know that one in five children are born into poverty in the United States? In the US? Can you believe? I have never been there. I have had the love of a mother and father, the love of a brother, the love of God, and here recently, the love of a husband and his family. That is still new and not sure what to do with all the extra new love that has come into my life. I just do my best to give it to other whom I run into along the way. I pray for strangers on the prayer list. I talk to anyone who calls me for help. There is only so much love you can store and you just have to give it away. The nice thing about having all the love is that there is less home sickness. So I guess I will just lean on the love a little more. There is a Bible verse that comes to mind: Trust the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. And love the Lord, your God with heart, your soul and your mind. This helps too. So I will. I will miss my farm another day. ah the simple things...

No comments: