Tuesday, October 02, 2007

SO...I am looking for a violent movie that is not passive violence but not grotesque violence yet provokes discussion. Any suggestions?

I tried to go with A Street Car named Desire, but it is too subtle as a result of desensitization. Then I made a pendulum swing to American History X, but I might traumatize the public. Any suggestions?

It is for a grant that will gain money for Crime Victims Awareness Week. Yes, this is a real thing and I have most of the grant proposal worked out except the movie. I need a middle of the road violent movie that has some of the road to recovery in it. Any suggestions?

It needs to be something the public would want to see, which means documentaries and super old movies (like black & white) are out. Something more recent with a real message of crime victimization. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

carter said...

not sure if you're allowed to use current movies, but "The Brave One" with Jodie Foster speaks directly to Crime Victims, though I'm not sure the take away message is one of recovery (well, maybe in a weird way).

Rae said...

Good suggestion...the movie theatres would appreciate a current movie because they are easier to aquire.