Friday, April 13, 2007

In the spirit of doing things that make me like myself, I have begun an attempt at physical sobriety. What does this mean? I don't know. It means that I have been praying for some time now to have the obsession and compulsion to eat more than I need to be removed and to give me the desire to be healthy today. It means that after six months of praying the prayer, I have become willing to not just work out but consistently work out. I also have not had a desire to eat after ten pm. While this sound surprising to some of you out there, my sleep schedule is all screwed up since I started waiting tables and getting home at eleven o'clock or midnight is standard with a period of wide-eyed-ness until around two am or on really bad nights, three. Much to my shagrin, I would eat at these times of the night. Nothing I ate was percievably healthy by anyone's standards other than the Pilsbury Dough Boy. Now if I eat, it is a bowl of cereal or popcorn. I don't know what has changed, I just know it has. I continue to pray my prayer and I continue to feel better.

Also, in the spirit of sharing good spirits, I baked my husband a pecan pie. Don't you wish you were at the farm right now?

No comments: