Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I have found out the hard way what skipping a workout does for me. By nature, I am an angry person. My parents thought something was seriously wrong with me when I was growing up. They consulted a preacher's wife because I was so angry all the time. She said the only thing you can do with a child like that is pray for them. I don't remember being as angry when I was a part of an excercise regimen. When I was playing a sport, I don't remember being as angry. These days my anger is tempered by things that I didn't even know how to do back then: prayer and meditation, behavior corrections, self awareness, identification of fears. I have found a new tool: working out. Although, I don't work out like some people, I do what feels good to me. So far, I am up to about a thirty-five minute workout. I have been doing it about everyday to everyother day. The other day my head told me that I should reward myself and take an extra day. This would mean that there were two days without working out instead of one. No big deal right? No big deal: wrong. All day long anything anyone said to me was wrong. They were wrong! My mother knows exactly what I am talking about because she used to be the anyone (unfortunately she was also the Mom so that meant that I was being disobediant to boot.). The other tool I used was never miss an opportunity to keep my mouth shut. So I am not necessarily telling the stupid person that they are stupid, but I am thinking it! AND I am smiling which means they know I am thinking they are an idiot. Dumb, dumb, dumb they are. As I am riding home from Cornelia with a good friend she looks at me and says she is sorry that I am so out of sorts. She asks me when the last time I worked out was because this is the point in the conversation where we go over our workout stuff. Hmm...two days ago. Yeah, she says, you can't miss a day of working out. That is what is wrong with you. You need to work out. You know what I am thinking? She doesn't know what she is talking about. Stupid people. So the next day I workout, hop in the shower, hop out of the shower and am singing around the house when the hubby says, oh, you're in a good mood today. Damn it. The girlfriend was right. I can't miss more than a day of working out. I was crazy. My guess is that my parents have been praying for me since Mrs. G told them to, so all I have to say is thanks for the prayers. I am not so angry today. Now I am going to workout.

No comments: