Friday, September 15, 2006

I am throwing a shower with a girlfriend for two other girlfriends tomorrow. The most interesting thing about the normal baby shower phenom is that I don't know these two women! At one point in time of my life, they were friends. As in, I have been roommates with both of them. Today, they have both had children (it is an after the baby is here baby shower) and I have never seen their children! They were born and/or adopted over six months ago and I HAVE NEVER SEEN THEM! Nor have I seen those two women in the same time. Oh well, they are busy raising the children, right? Whatever. Not a phone call. Not a lunch. Not a nothing. Why am I throwing the shower? I have no idea. Because I said I would and that is the right thing to do. It is probably the only time I will see the mamas or the daughters for the next five years. Debi said that I need to write about it because there is inner conflict about this. I say that things have changed in their lives and mine and we are just not friends right now. Maybe another day. Maybe that is why I am throwing the shower. Maybe to be friends again. The more friends the merrier we become.

No comments: